Sunday, January 25, 2009

Encouraging Signs of Growth

Little by little this humble venture is starting to see growth. It has been a very long road trying to build on my own and now with others, a viable latin dance community here in Myrtle Beach. My dance classes at Pepper Geddings are growing and I have a good group of intermediate students who are going to be ready for more advanced skills very soon! I am already considering adding a third dance class during the week for the more advanced students. I am also looking at moving the Salsa Social on Tuesdays from Pepper Geddings to Project Lighthouse. The Saturday night dancing at Caribbean Bar and Grill is having a slow but encouraging start. The music is top notch. The folks who come to dance are fun and bring wonderful energy with them. Even though the crowd is small we are having fun. I think this will grow as long as folks are patient and stick with it. I am hoping that a stronger prescence of my students will start to happen. I am noticing that when my students get to intermediate level they are more comfortable dancing. I have a good group of beginners that I hope will move on to the intermediate classes. Hope. Hope. Hope.

No comments: