Thursday, February 5, 2009

OHHHH!!! DANCE CLASSES!!

I am crazy excited to write about my dance classes at Pepper Geddings. More people are coming out! I realise that this is the time that everyone talks about. After vacations and family trips so for a few months growth is seen in dance classes. This is the time to really establish a strong base because during the summer numbers will drop considerably. Everyone seems to be enjoying the classes so my job at the moment is to keep the classes interesting and help to build confidence. I do feel like I have my work cut out for me because the more I am teaching, my beginner/intermediate classes are fine but I have to get those people who are beyond intermediate. I already know that I am comfortable with and am trained to teach up to advanced intermediate but I really have no time to teach the higher level classes at the moment. With school and interning, it would be a bad call for me to add another class. I am planning to call on other friends who are instructors to do workshops for those who are beyond advanced intermediate. I am so happy that this is something I am having to consider. Not a problem but an opportunity that can lead to more opportunities.

No comments: