Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Latin Dance Conference in 4 Days!!!

Oh my goodness!! It has been much too long since I last posted on my blog! In just four days the 2nd Myrtle Beach Latin Dance Conference will be happening! I am soooo very excited! The weekend will kick off with a party Friday night at the Caribbean Bar and Grill. Saturday we will have classes at 2001 Nightclub 9:00 until 4:00 then folks will have the opportunity to relax for a few hours before returning for dinner and the OPEN STAGE! Then, another PARTY and DANCING till my feet fall off :) Sunday at 2001, more classes then a beach party, unless it rains ^^;

I may have overextended myself as far ay resources this time but I will have to see. Registration has been extremely slow with very few of my first attendees coming. There a couple of other similar events happening in April so I think folks are spread a bit thin. I wanted my event to be intimate anyway and so I am acheiving that. I just think I may have tried to do too much, like the catered dinner. Alot more local folks are coming out which is perfect, that is what I wanted too.

Every venture that is undertaken brings with it lessons and risks. I am creating a niche for my little project and I think as people become more and more exposed to it, the idea of a more intimate, individual attention focused event will appeal to folks.

I have already decided on the next date: September 11-13.

No comments: