Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Big Changes for Salsa Queen Productions!

If you have been a student or friend of mine you will know that my life is one dynamic change after another. Luckily, over this past year these changes have been beautiful. I have had yet another beautiful opportunity for change because I am getting married! In September I will be marrying the perfect guy for me. This brings big changes to my life and for Salsa Queen Productions.

I have run into a number of people who seem to think that because I am marrying and moving to Charlotte that I will not be doing things here at the beach. These people do not know me well. Most folks have no idea how hard I have had to work to get even the parties going successfully every two Saturdays, much less maintain a class roster for dance lessons during the week. Anyone who has created something that has potential would not just walk away. I am one of those people who doesn't just walk away.

I have a very understanding and supportive fiancé. We talk about everything including the work I have done here at the beach. So, I will be teaching lessons Mondays and Tuesdays for 3 weeks every month starting in October. I have a team of people working with me on the Latin Dance Nights so they will continue. I am also going to be involved in two very big, high profile events as a performer and organizer. So, just because I am marrying and moving doesn't mean I am dropping everything.

I am looking forward to being in Charlotte where I can take dance lessons myself and begin expanding what I already know. Anyone who is a teacher and wants to be a good one, knows that you are always learning yourself even as you are teaching. I got into this because I love dance and I love teaching.

Keep your eyes open for the new classes. I am also looking at adding a bit more flavor to the Latin Dance Nights. Be prepared for seeing a lot more of what Latin Dance has to offer!

No comments: