Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Closing Up Shop in Myrtle Beach

I have officially closed up shop in Myrtle Beach. After getting married and moving to Charlotte I was hoping to stay involved from a distance. I have two amazing people to thank for collaborating with me Miriam and Johnny. They were so easy to work with and I was able to trust them with so much. We made a good team and I consider myself blessed to have worked with them. It is rare to be involved in business with people who share your vision and that you can trust and count on. I learned this lesson over and over again while trying to get things off the ground in Myrtle Beach.

It never was my intention when I moved to Myrtle Beach to start anything related to dance. I came home from Korea to do my Master's degree and then leave the country once again. It was because of my love of Latin dance that I started trying to get something started in Myrtle Beach where there was nothing going on. I feel we made a good run of it. I also know from the time I was there that folks are living in the area that will be more than happy to fill the space left by Salsa Queen Productions.

It seems that my original intention for returning to the States has happened. I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates in August. And yes, there is Latin dancing there and I am currently in the process of getting an Artist Collective started and will be teaching dance there :)

Thank you to everyone who supported the efforts I made in South Carolina. It warms my heart :) I will be back in a few years I am sure of it :)

No comments: